Programmer Analyst/Software Engg/Quality Analyst
Title: Programmer Analyst/Software Engg/Quality Analyst
Qualification: Bachelor or Master in CS/IT/Engg/Sci./Mgmt or equity
Minimum experience required: Bachelor in CS/IT/Engg/Sci./Mgmt or equity + 2 yrs exp for junior positions.
Master in CS/IT/Engg/Sci./Mgmt or equiv or Bachelor in CS/IT/Engg/Sci./Mgmt or equity + 5 yrs of exp for sr. positions.
Skills: SQL, Java script, HTML, Eclipse.
Salary: as per OES standards
Location: Fremont, CA
Length: Long term/permanent
Job Duties: As a Programmer Analyst/ Software Developer/Quality Analyst, the employee will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.